Helping words to get through life

"To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did" When God takes something from your grasp, He's not punishing you, but merely opening your hands to receive something better.
'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.' "

Thursday, January 26, 2012

never ending

It really seems like no matter how hard I try to be a good mom and keep my highly allergic little guy away from wheat it does not work. He played with Play dough at school today and has never before had a problem with it as long as he washes up very very well/cleans under the finger nails and all. Well tonight today he comes home with a little bit red cheeks did not think anything of it. By bed time they where so red it looked like some one had slapped him so so hard so many times. On top of this his mouth was swelling around the lips and tongue a little where it made him talk funny. I am so sad for him and upset he did not tell me. For sure he will not play with play dough ever again and I will have to make him some to take to school or something. I am really tempted to take him out but dont want him to feel as if he was bad or punish him for something he cant control but my fears are starting to come true about some one else watching him. I dont want to put him in a bubble but I dont want him to die from his reactions if they dont catch it in time. He is so suttle and it comes on so quietly that I miss it sometimes. I love my son and hate that this even has to be a part of his life. If you have a child with horrible allergies you understand my fears and things are getting to me with it. After the trip to the ER that took 3 meds, cream, oatmeal baths and a week and 1/2 to over come I am one scared mommy. My heart is breaking and I am so scared this is going to get him one day and I cant deal with the thought of it being because I did not watch him good. I am so confused and scared for him and at home we are really good about watching everything he touches, eats or anything. I even got rid of all the Bath and Body product form the house because they contain wheat. We dont even go in that store any more. My heart just cant take much more of seeing him hurt and scared that he is going to die. So sad (good though) that he knows the word Gluten and knows to ask people "Is it gluten free or have msg?" then to say no thanks if it does. My 2 year old even knows the things at home He cant have and knows the word wheat free. I am so sick of this allergy thing and the worst it get for him the more I know there is not a chance he will grow out of it. Yet another scary thing for me. I hate he is so different than his friends and even the rest of the family. He hates it too and it breaks my heart to see him feel this way. I know we do everything we can to make it feel as if he is not different like making him waffles just like we do for us but for him, Tryon even found some blueberry ones for us and some for him to not leave him out. I make sure at every party he has his own special cookie or cupcake and we even eat a lot more gluten free foods when we cook casseroles. I pray he will be fine and maybe grow out of it but my heart is hurting tonight and I am in tears for him. I will be up most the night checking him and in 4 hours waking him up to take more benadryl to help him feel better in the am. God show me the right way...please I am so scared for him every day.

No comments: