Helping words to get through life

"To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did" When God takes something from your grasp, He's not punishing you, but merely opening your hands to receive something better.
'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.' "

Friday, February 3, 2012

well Allergy is worse

Well As you all know Keyton is really allergic to wheat/gluten and msg. While he had the flu this week I pulled out some hand sanitizer from Bath and Body Works (which all their products have wheat in it). I was using it and then caught Keyton using it....Needless to say his hands, arms, mouth, and legs broke out in a rash. We where worried it was the meds because he has never had a problem with touching wheat products just ingesting them. Well he has no more rash after 2 days of benadryl and he is still on his other meds too. So that would mean that he is not intolerant to touch which would explain the play dough too. I am so sad for him but I am so glad we know now. Glad we can stop this early and keep him safe but it makes me so sad that he is getting worse and makes me wonder if he is going to be so bad that it would kill him in a few mins. I am scared for him every day. Another big reason we are homeschooling and not sending him to elementary school. Kids just dont understand what it does to him and teachers have so many kids to watch to really watch him.

One really neat thing for my little guy and for people like us....The Blue Wiggle Anthony has a son who is highly (scary) allergic to peanuts. Now Anthony is trying to make people and kids aware of the dangers of allergies and trying to get more doctors to prescribe the Epi-pen to more kids who are like his son and Keyton. They are even making a song for kids who listen to the Wiggles to understand that you have to ask before you feed your friends and make sure you keep your self safe from allergies. I really love this and for anyone with kids like Keyton understand how much this means to us parents. Keyton heard the song and loved that the song was all about people like him. I love it and I hope it works and people see how scary allergies can be.

No comments: